Last updated: September 01, 2021
1. Interpretation and Definitions
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural.
- You, Your, User – means the individual accessing or using the Service and the Platform, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service and the Platform, as applicable. "Subscriber(s)" shall mean the entity or individual that has made the initial registration process and payments. Unless otherwise stated, wherever this Agreement refers to a User(s), it also applies to Subscribers.
- Visitor – means Your users, clients, or other visitors interacting with Your Products.
- Cookies – are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses. Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
- Personal Data or Personal Information – is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service – refers to the Platform or the Website or any value given by the company to the user.
- Products – shall mean any product and/or result and/or work created on or with Our Platform and Services.
- Service Provider – means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data – refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service, or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website – refers to Storycards - accessible from https://www.storycards.com
2. Collecting and Using Your Collected data
Collected data To provide you the Services, we must collect Personal Data relating to You and Visitors (collectively "Collected data"). We collect Personal Data you provide us, from Yours, and Your Visitors use of the Services, and from other sources. Here are the types of Personal Data we collect about you:
- Information You provide us: When you register for our Services, make engagement with Our Products, use any of Our Services; and/or when you contact us directly by any communication channel, you may provide us Personal Information, such as name, email address, phone number, payment information, the information you include in your communications with us, and Personal Information contained in scanned identification documents (such as an ID card, driver’s license, passport, or official company registration documents).
- Usage Data: Usage data is collected automatically when using the Service. When you visit, download, and/or use any of our Services, we may collect aggregated usage Personal Data, such as Visitor`s and User`s browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on the Services, session heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying Personal Information regarding the Visitors’ or Users’ device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language and keyboard settings, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc.
- Information we collect from other sources: We may receive Personal Information about you from third-party sources, such as i) security providers, fraud detection and prevention providers, for example, to help us screen out users associated with fraud, ii) social media platforms, when you log-in or sign-up using your social media account, we may receive Personal Data from that service (e.g., your username, basic profile Personal Information) and in some cases, we may collect Personal Data from lead enhancement companies which help us to improve our service offering.
- Information we collect from Visitors: in order to provide with Our Services (for example, engagement analytics for your products), we collect information received from Visitor`s engagement with the Products ( for example: answers for yes/no poll).
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons. As between Storycards and You, we do not collect any Personal Data from you with web Beacons, though certain sections of Our Service and Our emails may (within your choice) contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Storycards, for example, to count Visitors who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Products statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
We may use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Collected Data of Your Visitors and users
As mentioned above, in order to provide you Our services we collect the data mentioned above also for your Visitors and users. With this collected Data we Provide you with analytics and other necessary information. We also use this Data to improve Our Products to be more attractive, enjoyable and engaging.
Please Note: that as a User of Our Platform and Services you subjected to Our DPP that outlines Our agreement with You on the processing of Personal Data.
Data collected from Visitors will be used solely on Your behalf, and You acknowledge and agree to serve as Data Controllers (or as Businesses, as defined under the CCPA, where the User reside in California). We may process the data collected on Our own behalf only on and aggregated and anonymized basis for analytics and improvement of our Platform and Services.
If we combine Personal Information with anonymous information about you, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
3. Use of Your Collected Data
The Company may use Collected Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service: including monitoring the usage of our Service.
- To Develop and improve the services: To further develop, customize, expand, and improve of our Services, based on Users’ common or personal preferences, experiences, and difficulties.
- To manage Your User account: to manage Your registration, and subscription as a user of the Service, including payments and password renewal.
- To analyze preferences and activities. In order to provide you with high-quality engagement products we use all collected data and processes it for Our users and to improve Our Platform and Services.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the services you have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, help and support if needed, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use the Collected Data to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Collected Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- Protecting our interests – we use and disclose your Personal Data when we believe it’s necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation, take precautions against liabilities, investigations and to defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, prevent and protect ourselves from fraud and wrongdoing in connection with the Services, protect the security or integrity of our Services and protect the rights and property of Storycards, its Users, Visitors and/or partners.
- For other purposes: We may use Collected Data for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improving our Service, products, services, marketing and Your experience.
We may share the Collected Data in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share the Collected Data with Our third-party Service Providers. Such information may include: identifiers, including name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers, and usage statistics and commercial personal information.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer the Collected Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Our Company`s assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another entity.
- Social Media Features: Our Services may enable you to integrate certain Social Media features, widgets, and single sign-on features, such as “Google Sign-in” (“Social Media Features”) into your User Products. These Social Media Features may collect certain Personal Information from your visitors and users such as identifiers, including name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers. Social Media Features are hosted either by a third-party or directly on our Services. Please note that We allow you to procure the services of such third-party Services (including, but not limited to, third-party developers, and/or Apps and Social Media Features) with which you are interacting directly, and at your discretion. In this respect, We act as a service provider to you, disclosing information to the third-party services on your behalf. We do not control and are not responsible for the actions or policies of any third-party service, and your use of any third-party service is at your own risk.
- Professional advisers and internal parties: we may share Collected Data with our workers as well as our professional advisers acting as processors or controllers, to provide you with our services.
- With business partners: We may share the Collected Data with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
- Law enforcement. Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Collected data or part of it, if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirementsThe Company may disclose the Collected Data or part of it, in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
4. Retention of Your Collected Data
- The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
5. Transfer of Your Collected data
- Your information, including Collected data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from Your jurisdiction.
6. Security of Your Collected data
The security of Your Collected data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Collected data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Your rights as a User and/or Visitor
- You can contact us with regard to your Personal Data. Before giving you any details, we may ask for any information or documents, for proving your identity.
- You may contact us: (1) to get a copy of your Personal Data; (2) to ask to delete or block use in your Personal Data(3) to receive confirmation as to whether or not Your Personal Data is being processed (4) to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Please note: that if ask us not to use your Personal Data it will not be used, unless for our legitimate interests, like safety and security of the platform or compliance with the law.
8. Children's Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
9. Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.